Thursday, January 1, 2015

Welcoming the new year!

Well congratulations, you made it another 365 days into the year 2015!  This past year has shaped me into a new and improved person who has come so far in school, my sorority, my job experience, and my personal goals.  I love being able to share all of my achievements with y'all and I am so happy that you guys are extremely supportive of me by keeping up with my (very irregular) posts- I will try to be more consistent this year!  

Here is a little updated summary on what has happened over the past two weeks since I last wrote:
I have started my internship with CollegeFashionista (my very first Style Guru Bio blog will go live next week so keep a look out!) and I am so blessed to be a part of such a great organization.  I will be blogging about student's fashion styles on my campus every week and photograph their unique looks.  I am not a very experienced writer but with my personal blog and this fashionista blog I hope to learn a lot and find my niche.  

I have also started my 2015 running challenge, with my mom and a close friend as well, to run/walk 2,015 miles over the year of 2015!  I have always loved running but 2,015 miles is A LOT.  I am setting such a demanding goal for not only myself but my other teammates as well.  I will try to post regularly about our milestones and our monthly success!  Today I individually ran 2.5 miles and as a team we ran 12 miles- so only 2,003 miles to go…. 

Leaving 2014 behind and taking 2015 by the horns I am determined to be the best that I can be this year and really push myself to take on new challenges.  I will try to curse less because if you know me personally I curse like a sailor and I will try to be more kind.  I will also try to have more patience and really be cognizant of the people around me and how I affect them.  I hope that you all have some personal goals and that we can try and tackle them together!

Attached are some photos of my run today with my new Christmas gear: a white Under Armour headband and purple Nike pullover.  They were so comfortable on my run and kept me warm without making me sweat, which is also a great thing!

xx



No comments:

Post a Comment