Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Better late than never

I know I haven't written in a while but with finals, traveling home, and starting up with a job again I seem to have less and less time each day.  Even though it seems like the days are getting shorter, I think it is just that they are becoming more packed.  Last Friday I drove home from South Carolina back to Virginia for Christmas break.  I am 100% finished with the semester and can't wait to lounge around for a bit before picking up a few shifts at Nordstrom (YAY!).  Not only do I love to shop at Nordstrom during the holidays but I absolutely love to work there.  Between the awesome staff and cute clothes, I just can't help myself  but be happy about returning to make a little extra money over the break.  Before I start back up at work tomorrow I had lunch with a friend, Emily,  in Old Town Leesburg today.  One of my favorite things about Leesburg are the boutiques and antique shops.  Even though I didn't buy anything I still love to poke around and look.  We had lunch at a little coffee shop called Shoes, Cup, and Cork- it's the best!   It used to be a shoe store over a 100 years ago but it has now been updated to a cute cafe.  I feel very at home with the vintage furniture and unique style.  We finished up our day running a couple errands and called it a day.  As we drove around town running errands I had to keep this quote in mind: 

"There are 86,400 seconds in day.  It's up to you to decide what to do with them"
- Jim Valvano

Not a bad quote to keep in mind.

Today I wore my favorite black skinny jeans, casual white tee, a chambray jean shirt, and a long gold necklace with orange jewels.  They jeans are from Urban Outfitters, the tee shirts and chambray shirt are from MadeWell, and the necklace is from JCrew!




No comments:

Post a Comment