Sunday, January 11, 2015

Back In A Southern State Of Mind

My Spring semester of my Sophomore year is finally here and I couldn't be more excited!  After a wonderful Christmas break, nice little getaway to NYC, and a perfect 20th birthday celebration, I am more than ready to get back into a school routine and work on not only my grades, but my blog/CollegeFashionista posts as well!  My CollegeFashionista posts (for those you haven't read my earlier posts) will go live on their website every FRIDAY.  I will be writing about my styles and other student's styles throughout the semester so make sure to check out the CollegeFashionista site and "RAD" my posts.  You have to make an account but it is worth it, especially if you read my posts every week and you want to help me out by liking them!  

I just wanted to do a little summary of my break and trip and share with you how awesome it was!  I worked at Nordstrom over the break and absolutely loved it (I always have since I started with them 2 years ago).  I love being a part of such a great work enviornment and I hope to find that when I start a stable career when I graduate.  Being around fashion is something that always excites me and I look forward to working in the fashion world!  Since I love being around fashion, trendy styles, and amazing people what a better trip to take than to New York city?! I stayed right around the corner from Times Square and it really showed me that I need to move their when I graduate!  I hope to find an internship in the city over the summer with a fashion company doing retail management or some type of PR.  Below are some photographs when I visited Central Park and YES I am not wearing a jacket nor am I bundled up with gloves or a hat but the pictures I got were so worth it.  I had to show off my favorite boyfriend jeans which are from Urban Outfitters and my new new turtle neck from Forever21!  I had been looking at a similar turtle neck from MadeWell and although I love MadeWell, the one from Forever21 was significantly cheaper.  You would never guess that is where I got it!  Also, if you are thinking that turtle necks are extremely 60s and no one wears them anywhere you may be partially right but don't give up on the trend yet!  Turtle necks are making a huge comeback and what better way to be with the trends than be ahead of them?  Be brave and try one!

Now on to what's ahead- school…  I will be starting back up this semester with a public speaking class, multiple retail classes, econ, and the oh so lovely marketing classes.  As I get more into my major classes and out of my gen eds I realize how excited I really am to be pursuing Retail Management.  I hope to take some PR classes and eventually minor in something along the lines of PR or marketing.  I love writing blog posts for both my personal blog and CollegeFashionista so I can definitely see myself doing it long term!  I don't want to make this posts any longer so check in later this week for more updates about what's to come! 

xx






No comments:

Post a Comment