Friday, November 14, 2014

Friday? Time to treat yourself.

As the week comes to a close I couldn't be any more happy.  This week was extremely stressful due to group projects and presentations.  I never realized how hard it is to work with 5 different people to complete a presentation around every individual's schedule.  However, I also never realized how many great and unique people I have in my classes that I would never get to meet if we weren't forced upon each other.  As tough as a group project is, in my opinion, I think they are very beneficial!  I loved getting to know my group members and collaborate with them this week.  

Not only did I get to meet great people through this presentation but I got to work on my public speaking skills.  If any of you know me at all you would know that I get very anxious and turn very red during a speech.  I am working on this skill and trying to improve with every speech and presentation I give.  My accomplishment for this specific presentation? Only ONE "um!  In my opinion that is one of the greatest accomplishments every for public speaking because that is a downfall of a lot of speeches when people get lost during their presentation.  Also, with every accomplishment there must be a reward, right? So to reward myself for preparing for this presentation I got a manicure with my roommate and spent the lovely day with her!  

My current nail polish color obsession: "Love is Hot and Coal" by O.P.I.  I'm a sucker for dark colors and this is by far one of my favorites. I have been crazy about "How Great is Your Dane?", which is another O.P.I color, but trying a new color was definitely worth it even if they look almost exactly the same.

Try and treat yourself this weekend through making it through your busy week. Whether it be a coffee, small shopping spree, or even a manicure, you deserve it! Remember, try and relax this weekend and don't stress over the week to come!


No comments:

Post a Comment