Monday, November 10, 2014

Meaningful Monday

Meaningful Monday- Nope, I'm not sick of the alliteration yet!

Most people wake up on Monday morning with a developed theory that the day will be awful and long.  You don't want to go to class or work, deal with traffic, do weekly chores, and know that it is only the first day of your 5 day week.  I don't blame you either because I know that I surely do not want to acknowledge the day that starts my long journey for the next 120 hours.  But why start off your journey in such a negative way? You have 120 extraordinary hours at your finger tips this week and the best thing that you can possibly do is start them off in a great way.  Yes, today is Monday. Yes, like most college students you are stuck in class or writing a report.  However, instead of thinking about what you can't do because it is Monday, think about what you can do because it is only Monday!  You could make a quick phone call to someone you haven't talked to in a while and give some words of encouragement. You could make traffic a little more easier for someone else just by letting them over to make their next turn or catch their next exit.  You can make your Monday worthwhile by making someone else's Monday go smoother.

My main question here is: Why waste an entire Monday, a full 24 hours?

If you make it a point to help others have a great Monday then you will love your Monday more.  I got a text from a really good friend who I have lost touch with over the past year.  She let me know how much I meant to her, completely out of the blue, and that made my Monday so much better.  I want to be that happiness in someone else's day.

No comments:

Post a Comment